Friday 13 August 2010

Coming along nicely....

My boot camp bear is getting there!

I was determined to machine sew this time, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it - I love hand sewing so much that I just gave in.

All pieces are sewn and ready to stuff.

My only problem is that I bought some lovely mohair second hand and it smells a bit old - if you know what I mean? I didn't want to treat it with anything. Does anyone know what is safe to use to get the 'old' out of it?

Love to all.... Julia

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see what you've made! I love hand sewing myself... I've yet to use a machine!

    Can't help you with the smell thing... I don't have enough experience trying to do something like that with Mohair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wash mohair in a good quality hair shampoo then use a bit of conditioner. It works fine.

    ReplyDelete